Monday, August 07, 2006

Faith in Humanity Restored

Earlier an earlier post today, I mentioned that a buyer emailed me to ask me about the status of a product that I had shipped to him last month. I jumped the gun and assumed that he was claiming that the product never arrived and therefore wanted me to initiate a refund. Well, it turns out that this particular buyer lives and works in China, and he had asked me to ship the item to his parents house. When he asked his mom about it, she told him that she didn't have it. But apparently, she had forgotten that she'd already forwarded it to him, along with another item that he was expecting. The buyer was very apologetic, explaining that he just wanted to pinpoint where the item was (in transit or still at his parents house). And then he promised to leave me excellent feedback for my prompt communication. So, all's well that ends well. The moral of the story is that you should always be polite to your customers, even when you suspect that they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes :-)

No comments: