Thursday, February 01, 2007

401(k) Savings Plan Performance in 2006

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. Life has been incredibly busy in the past few months but should be slowing down considerably in the next few weeks.

I just got my 401(k) statement for 2006, and it looks like the investment gain over the course of year amounts to a 14% increase, after you factor out the $15,000 that I invested plus a $6,500 company match. Not great, but decent, especially considering the fact that I put new money into the account over the course of eight months.

As for asset allocation, 25% in each of the following 4 sectors funds: S&P 500 Index, Mid Cap Value, Small Cap Index and International Large Cap Index. My simple allocation actually beat the company's actively managed 'Aggressive Portfolio' by approx. 1%.

My only regret is that I lost out on part of the available company match because I frontloaded my investment. You can read about it here, here and here. C'est la vie.

No comments: