Thursday, July 20, 2006

Happy to be a Guinea Pig

Thanks to all the pf bloggers out there (including Jim at Blueprint for Prosperity), who clued me in on survey networks. I've been faithfully filling out on average, five surveys a week for the past few months, in the hopes of winning some easy money through the raffles and sweepstakes that most of these companies sponsor. Each survey takes about 10 minutes to complete (I usually skip the longer ones). And this past week, I received my first $5 check from PineCone Research.

Aside from the extra income, one of the unexpected and neat side benefits to all this is being able to sample and help shape new products before they hit the general market. A few weeks ago, after I filled out a survey about food products, I was asked whether I'd be willing to test a product and provide feedback. I figured, 'Sure. Why not?' So, they sent me a big bag of yummy BBQ flavored potato chips. And last night, they sent me two full sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner that I'll need to use every day for the next two weeks. Of course, there are certain products that I probably wouldn't want to try, especially if I had health concerns about the product. But it's been kind of fun being a guinea pig for all of the marketing gurus out there.

1 comment:

Single Ma said...

Oooh I love the surveys!! Can't pass up free and easy money. I haven't received any free stuff to try out yet, but I look forward to it.