Thursday, July 13, 2006

Just a Small Cone, Please

So, I ran over to Dairy Queen this afternoon for a dipped cone. I figured I'd reward myself for achieving my 10 week fitness goal in less than 7 weeks. Of course, a bunch of people had the same idea, because there was a huge group ahead of me. But with 2 servers, the line was moving fairly quickly.

Then I noticed that the guy in front of me was sort of hanging back, and he refused to move any closer to the counter. So, I asked him if he was in line? "Yes, but I'm waiting for the next server. I've learned the hard way that the short lady is pretty stingy with the ice cream. Not sure what her problem is." Umm...okay (mental shrug).

Well, a new server pops in and asks to take care of the next customer. So the guy in front of me lunges towards him and quickly places his order. Meanwhile, the short lady finishes waiting on another customer, and I'm up next. I figure, who cares? I get a smaller cone, I get a smaller cone. Enforced portion control. So, I went ahead and placed my order for a small dipped cone. Well, low and behold, I finish paying the other server, and the woman hands me this absolutely hugeantic cone. Yikes! I'm guessing she must've overheard the other guy complain about her service. Or maybe she just doesn't like the other guy 'cause he was rude to her at some point or another. She was clearly trippin' off of something.

Oh well. So, much for portion control. My only consolation is that I'll be helping to load up a friend's truck tonight in preparation for a cross country move. Hopefully I'll be able to burn off the extra calories.

2 comments:

mapgirl said...

Well, you aren't obligated to eat the whole thing, but that's a pretty funny story!

IRA said...

Ah...but I would've felt really guilty about wasting food. I offered to share it with my co-worker, but she looked at me as if I were crazy :-)